Advisory Group on Research and Knowledge Translation (AGRKT)
Terms of Reference and Charges
Members: Four members plus the Chair. Additionally, one Executive Committee (EC) ‘liaison’ member, one Standards Committee (SC)"liaison" member and the IFOMPT Executive Director as ‘ad hoc’ members. Members are nominated by MO’s and appointed by the EC. Chairperson appointed by the EC after taking into consideration recommendations from the elected members of the AGR.
Term & Term Limits: Three-year terms with three-term limits.
Qualifications: Members must belong to a MO or RIG of IFOMPT but do not necessarily have to be the MO respresentative.
Current Members: Richard Ellis (Chair), Bart Vanthillo, Nicola Mok, Helen French, César Hidalgo, Annelies Pool (EC Liaison), Leanne Bissett (SC Liaison), Ingrid du Toit (Office).
Meetings: Every 3 months in the first year via teleconference. One face-to-face meeting a year, if appropriate.
Purpose: To reach for the following objectives outlined below.
- Establishing IFOMPT as a knowledge broker, by identifying current or recently completed national research projects worthwhile for the IFOMPT. community to internationally collaborate on, reaching for consensus and adoption (e.g. guidelines, frameworks, evidence statements, core sets).
- Prioritise projects for IFOMPT to cooperate on internationally for each term.
- Identify projects in member countries, in which international collaboration is strived for and could be used to initiate cross cultural research, with an important value for IFOMPT (e.g. cross-cultural translation, cultural adaptations of measurement tools, red flags).
- Identify important stakeholders/ partners/ countries, researchers, clinicians, institutes, useful for IFOMPT, collaborate and support in name in applying for grants by a third party in for IFOMPT relevant research grant proposals.
- Identify and distribute research grant opportunities for researchers and institutions associated with IFOMPT.
- Dissemination of knowledge by Evidence Release and Research Review, and entering into agreements with journals (JOSPT, Manual Therapy).
Responsible for ensuring advisory group functions properly by:
- Coordinating tasks of the group and prioritising tasks
- Planning and running meetings
- Ensuring matters are dealt with in an orderly and efficient manner
- Bringing impartiality and objectivity to meetings and decision-making
- Reporting to the IFOMPT Executive Committee on the activities of the advisory group
- Actively participating in meetings
- Follow up on agreed action points from meetings within designated time-frames
- Provide input into the tasks and continue to develop the strategy
Conflict of Interest: A conflict of interest can arise when conditions or circumstances preclude or interfere with an individual’s capacity to make the objective, detached decisions required of EC Advisory Group members. Members shall excuse themselves from such participation in any case where a conflict of interest arises, where a potential conflict of interest may arise, or where there may be a perceived appearance of conflict.
IFOMPT October 2016