"To be the leading organisation worldwide for the promotion of excellence in manual/musculoskeletal physiotherapy/physical therapy (PT) to meet the musculoskeletal hralth needs of society.
IFOMPT aims to:
- Promote and maintain the high standards of specialist education and clinical practice in manual/musculoskeletal physiotherapists.
- Promote and facilitate evidence based practice and research amongst its members.
- Communicate widely the purpose and level of the specialisation of manual/musculoskeletal physiotherapists amongst physiotherapists, other healthcare disciplines and the general public.
- Work towards international unity/conformity of educational standards of practice amongst manual/musculoskeletal physiotherapists.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with individuals within the organisation and with other organisations.