Please click on this link for the Hong Kong program that has met the IFOMPT standards:
Title – Name of Institution:
Manipulative Therapy Special Group, The Hong Kong Physiotherapy Association Limited
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Hong Kong, China
Name of the Member Organisation of IFOMPT that the programme links to:
Manipulative Therapy Special Interest Group
Information on programme:
MSc in Manipulative Physiotherapy provides advanced theory, knowledge and clinical skills for rehabilitation professionals. It also prepares graduates to assume leadership positions in clinical research and professional practice, offering a flexible programme of study for both specialist training and professional training.
Graduates of this programme will be able to:
· Meet the changing needs in practice and contribute to the development of rehabilitation;
· Demonstrate a lifelong ability to critically analyze and evaluate ongoing practice so that the quality of practice can be advanced and ensured;
· Assess patients and make rational decisions regarding physiotherapeutic approaches to treatment, through a logical clinical reasoning process;
· Demonstrate the level of proficiency, confidence and independence in the safety use of manipulative physiotherapy expected of a graduate in the field; and
· Critically evaluate the management methods and to work in the framework of evidence-based approach.
· Students who successfully complete the award are eligible to apply for full membership of Manipulative Therapy Special Group of the Hong Kong Physiotherapy Association Limited, which is a member organization of the International Federation of Orthopaedic Manipulative Physical Therapists (IFOMPT).
· Unique experience in Chinese manual therapy in an East-meets-West context.
· Programme aimed at clinical specialization. Highly commended by clinicians and clinic/department managers of private and public organizations.
· Balance of theory, practice and scientific investigation components.
· Reasonable credit transfer considered for equivalent subjects earned at a postgraduate level.
This 30-credit programme is operated in both full-time and part time mode. It takes a normal duration of 1 year to complete in a full-time mode or 2.5 years to complete in a part-time mode.
Students must complete 2 Compulsory Subjects - Research Methods & Data Analysis and Project Study, and all Core Subjects.
- Musculoskeletal Injury and Repair
- Diagnostic Procedures in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
- Physical Diagnosis of Neuro-musculoskeletal Disorders
- Advanced Principle and Practice of Manipulative Physiotherapy (Lower Quarter)
- Advanced Principle and Practice of Manipulative Physiotherapy (Upper Quarter)
- Advanced Manipulative Physiotherapy Practice I
- Advanced Manipulative Physiotherapy Practice II
All information is subject to changes. Please refer to the most updated information on the website, www.rs.polyu.edu.hk
Website Address: www.rs.polyu.edu.hk
Phone Number: (852) 2766 6728 or 2766 4329