Postgraduate Diploma in Health Science in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Master of Health Practice in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy (clinical masters)
Master of Health Science (research masters)
AUT Postgraduate Programmes:
AUT University in Auckland, New Zealand has offered postgraduate study in musculoskeletal physiotherapy since 1994:
* Postgraduate Diploma in Health Science in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy - Papers include Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy; Pain: Mechanisms & Management and Biomechanics as well as core papers in research and professional practice and one optional paper
* Master of Health Practice in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy (clinical masters)
* Master of Health Science (research masters)
Click here to link to the AUT Musculoskeletal Postgraduate page
Graduates attain a clinically relevant qualification covering science, research and practical, taught by clinical experts with strong industry links to sports physicians, orthopaedic surgeons, sports science, nutrition and sports psychology.
The programme has produced high quality postgraduate clinicians, who are leaders in their field and is aimed at registered physiotherapists* with an interest in Manual Therapy and Sports Physiotherapy.
Globally renowned, respected and clinically active teachers deliver the programme:
* Duncan Reid - expert in the field of Human Movement/Exercise Science with a specific Interest in Manipulative & Sports Physiotherapy.
* Steve White - expertise in assessment and management of musculoskeletal pain syndromes and impairments of the movement system.
The department of Physiotherapy has strong ties with the Health and Rehabilitation Research Institute which aims to integrate biomechanical, neuro physiological and clinical research to further knowledge concerning rehabilitation of injuries and neuromuscular pathologies. The Director of the Centre is Professor Peter McNair, a recognised world leader in research concerning biomechanics of the lower limb and viscoelasticity.
The programme offers part time block courses with three papers available online and flexible clinical placements to meet the needs of students working full-time.
For further information contact:
Associate Professor Duncan Reid
DHSc, MHSc (Hons) PGD (Manip Physiotherapy)
Dip MT, Dip Phys, BSc, MNZCP
Associate Dean (Health)
Call+ 64 9 921 9999 extension 7806
*Participants must have NZ physiotherapy registration before entering the musculoskeletal paper. International students will be required to obtain a Special Purpose Scope of Practice ‘registration’ with the NZ Physiotherapy Board before commencing study.