IFOMPT Teachers Meeting - 3rd July 2016
9am-4.15pm - Govan Mbeki Building, Glasgow Caledonian University, Room A426
09:00 Opening and Welcome - Annalie Basson, IFOMPT President
09:10 - 12:00 Morning Session - Presentations by IFOMPT Teachers
Session Chaired by Duncan Reid
09:10 – 09:30 Erik Thoomes
- Teaching Implications of the Results from a Retrospective Survey on the Adverse Effects of Practising Manipulation
09:30 – 09:50 Euson Yeung
- Evaluating the validity of a program of assessments in post-graduate orthopaedic manual physical therapy (OMPT) in Canada
09:50 – 10:10 Caitriona Cunningham and Catherine Doody
- Use of Wikis and Blogs to promote collaborative learning in an Orthopaedic Manipulative Therapy MSc Programme
10:10 – 10:30 Silvia Perez
- Student engagement and perception of rubric-based evaluation process
10:30 – 10.50 Sherrill Rutherford
- A Participant Oriented Process for Developing National Orthopaedic Manual Physiotherapy Educational Materials in the 21st Century
10:50 – 11:15 Morning Tea
11:15 - 11:35 Carol Kennedy and Lenerdene Levesque
- Lateral Elbow Pain: An Instructional Opportunity to Integrate Systems and Evidence into Differential Diagnosis and Management
11:35 – 11:55 Rob Werstine
- Does the zygapophyseal joint space size change during a cervical manipulation?
11:55 – 12:40 Lenerdene Levesque, Scott Whitmore, Duncan Reid and Christopher McCarthy
- Tips for Teaching Spinal Manipulation
12:40 - 13:30 Lunch
13:30 - 16:20 Afternoon Session - Standards Committee Session
Session Chaired by Alison Rushton
13.30-13.50 Lorrie Maffey
'Informing student selection of outcome measures for evaluating pain in the biopsychosocial private practice context'
13.50-14.10 John Langendoen
(Standards Committee) and Per Kjaer
'A pragmatic approach to delivering, organising and assessing the mentored practice component of programmes'
14.10-14.30 Karen Beeton
(Standards Committee) and Mindy Cairns
(Member Organisation Delegate, UK)
'Purpose, challenges and opportunities of the research project component of programmes'
14:30 – 14:45 Afternoon Tea
14.45-15.05 Jan Pool
'Informing a student's application of systematic review and trial results in OMT practice'
15.05-15.25 Ronel Jordaan
(Standards Committee) and Benita Olivier
(South Africa Member Organisation/University of the Witwatersrand)“The Objective Structured Practical Examination Demystified”
15.25-15.45 Lenerdene Levesque
(Standards Committee) and Euson Yeung
(Canada Member Organisation)
Lessons learned from conducting a systematic review as a research project within an OMT programme
15.45-16.05 Alison Rushton
(Standards Committee) and Nicola Heneghan
(UK Member Organisation / Programme Leader MSc Advanced Manipulative Physiotherapy University of Birmingham, UK)
'Publishing our students' work'
16:15 Closing Remarks - Annalie Basson