"Worldwide promotion of excellence and unity in clinical and academic standards for manual/musculoskeletal physiotherapists."
for a definition of OMT, Orthopaedic Manual Therapy.
IFOMPT aims to
- Promote and maintain the high standards of specialist education and clinical practice in manual/musculoskeletal physiotherapists.
- Promote and facilitate evidence based practice and research amongst its members.
- Communicate widely the purpose and level of the specialisation of manual/musculoskeletal physiotherapists amongst physiotherapists, other healthcare disciplines and the general public.
- Work towards international unity/conformity of educational standards of practice amongst manual/musculoskeletal physiotherapists.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with individuals within the organisation and with other organisations.